Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pico Slasher

It's been very windy this weekend.
I'm not so good at using prop lures, but I do know such baits often work out fine under rough conditions, so I scouted for good lures in my tackle boxes yesterday.

I had never paid much attention to this lure, Pico Slasher, but I decided to try it. The props of this bait are such unremarkable ones that I tuned them by turning back the sides and bending the ends. This way, they wheel very smoothly and make much more noise.

It was still very windy this morning, but I visited two ponds. On windy sides, I kept casting the Pico Slasher instead of other prop lures. In the first pond only the fish I caught was a very small bluegill. I got no responses from bass at all there.


In the second pond, the water surface was getting choppier, and I tied the Pico Slasher again. There I could get several bites and caught a couple of small bass. Once, a good fish rushed at my Pico Slasher when I slowly retrieved it. I set a hook and enjoyed the fight, but it went away before I caught it. I drooped my shoulders in disappointment.

Anyway, it was a good luck for me to rediscover the ability of this bait. 'Slasher' is a hideous name, but I went nuts over it. If you look for a prop bait bigger than Dying Flutter but slimmer than Wounded Spook, check it out.    


 
Today's tackle: ABU 5000 CDL (86, high-speed), BB-Boron TB-56ML, Stren 14lb (clear blue), Pico Slasher, Pico Pop, Heddon Zara Spook, Big Bud, Big Hedd, etc. 
  BF=5/15

No comments:

Post a Comment